OKEx is a centralized cryptocurrency exchange originally founded in 2013 and is currently based in Belize. With a selection of 331 coins and 534 trading pairs, the exchange has a reported 24-hour trading volume of approximately ₿126,681.26. The most actively traded pair on OKEx is DOGE/USDT.
Initially, OKEx was established in Seychelles and later moved its operations to Belize. The platform is owned by the OK Group, which also owns another cryptocurrency exchange called Okcoin. One of OKEx’s standout features is its diverse trading options, which include both spot and derivative trading.
In April 2018, OKEx announced its expansion to Malta, capitalizing on the country’s proactive efforts to establish a comprehensive regulatory framework for blockchain businesses and digital asset exchanges. Just a month later, in May 2018, OKEx achieved a significant milestone by becoming the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange in terms of reported turnover. By June 2018, the exchange had expanded its services to include a white-label solution for aspiring cryptocurrency exchanges, requiring applicants to have significant industry experience and at least $2.5 million in their accounts.
OKX offers a wide range of features to its users, including:
- A wide range of trading pairs: OKX offers trading pairs for over 1,000 cryptocurrencies and tokens.
- Competitive fees: OKX offers competitive fees for both spot and margin trading.
- Advanced trading tools: OKX offers a variety of advanced trading tools, such as order books, charts, and technical indicators.
- Security features: OKX is committed to security and offers a variety of security features, such as two-factor authentication and cold storage.
OKX Trading Services
OKX offers a wide range of trading services, including:
- Spot trading: Spot trading is the simplest form of cryptocurrency trading. Users buy and sell cryptocurrencies at the current market price.
- Margin trading: Margin trading allows users to borrow funds from OKX to increase their trading positions.
- Futures trading: Futures trading allows users to bet on the future price of cryptocurrencies.
- Options trading: Options trading allows users to buy or sell the right to buy or sell a cryptocurrency at a predetermined price.
OKX is committed to security and offers a variety of security features, including:
- Two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to user accounts.
- Cold storage: OKX stores the majority of its cryptocurrency holdings in cold storage, which is offline and inaccessible to hackers.
- Audits: OKX undergoes regular audits to ensure the security of its platform.
OKX offers competitive fees for both spot and margin trading. Spot trading fees start at 0.1%, while margin trading fees start at 0.02%.
OKX is a leading cryptocurrency exchange that offers a wide range of trading services and features. The exchange is committed to security and offers competitive fees.
OKX Additional Information
In addition to the above, here are some additional things to keep in mind about OKX:
- OKX is a regulated exchange: OKX is regulated by the Seychelles Financial Services Authority.
- OKX is a global exchange: OKX is available to users in over 100 countries.
- OKX offers a mobile app: OKX offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
OKX Pros and Cons
- Wide range of trading pairs
- Competitive fees
- Advanced trading tools
- Security features
- Regulated exchange
- Global exchange
- Mobile app
- Not available in all countries
- Some users have reported customer service issues
Coins listed on OKX
OKX lists a wide range of cryptocurrencies and tokens, with over 1,000 available for trading. These coins can be categorized into the following groups:
- **Base currencies: These are the most popular and widely used cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and Tether (USDT).
- **Altcoins: These are cryptocurrencies that are not base currencies, such as Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB), and Polkadot (DOT).
- **Metaverse coins: These are cryptocurrencies used in metaverse platforms, such as The Sandbox (SAND) and Decentraland (MANA).
- **NFT coins: These are cryptocurrencies used to purchase or trade non-fungible tokens (NFTs), such as Axie Infinity (AXS) and Theta Network (THETA).
- **DeFi coins: These are cryptocurrencies used in decentralized finance (DeFi) applications, such as Uniswap (UNI) and Aave (AAVE).
- **Stablecoins: These are cryptocurrencies that are pegged to fiat currencies, such as Tether (USDT) and Binance USD (BUSD).
- **Meme coins: These are cryptocurrencies that are often created as jokes or satire, such as Dogecoin (DOGE) and Shiba Inu (SHIB).
- **Other: This category includes cryptocurrencies that do not fit into any of the other categories, such as Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Litecoin (LTC).
Metaverse Coins listed by Okex Exchange
- Decentraland (MANA): Decentraland is a virtual reality platform that allows users to create, explore, and monetize their own experiences.
- The Sandbox (SAND): The Sandbox is a virtual world platform that allows users to create, play, and own their own experiences.
- Axie Infinity (AXS): Axie Infinity is a blockchain-based game that allows players to collect, breed, and battle digital pets.
- Enjin Coin (ENJ): Enjin Coin is a cryptocurrency that can be used to create, manage, and trade in-game items.
- Gala Games (GALA): Gala Games is a blockchain gaming platform that allows players to own and trade in-game assets.
- Aavegotchi (GHST): Aavegotchi is a blockchain-based game that allows players to collect, breed, and battle digital ghosts.
- Theta Network (THETA): Theta Network is a decentralized video streaming platform that uses blockchain technology to improve the quality and efficiency of video streaming.
- Flow (FLOW): Flow is a blockchain designed specifically for gaming and entertainment.
- Crypto.com Coin (CRO): Crypto.com Coin is the native cryptocurrency of the Crypto.com platform, which offers a variety of cryptocurrency services, including trading, staking, and lending.
Artificial intelligence coins listed on okex exchange
- The Graph (GRT): The Graph is a decentralized data indexing protocol.
- Fetch.ai (FET): Fetch.ai is an AI-powered autonomous systems platform.
- Ocean Protocol (OCEAN): Ocean Protocol is a platform for data sharing and trading.
- iExec RLC (RLC): iExec RLC is a marketplace for cloud computing.
- SingularityNET (AGI): SingularityNET is a platform for sharing AI services and tools.